Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Codex Alera Series by Jim Butcher


The Codex Alera Series by Jim Butcher starts with the book Furies of Calderon
This series takes place in Alera where humans have these amazing bonds with Furies. Furies are physical representations of the elements. Each person has a connection with an element and in turn a fury. However 1 person in all of Alera does not. A young boy from Calderon named Tavi. Book 1 follows his adventures as he heads off to rescue some sheep that he was suppose to bring in the previous day.

I highly recommend this book for anyone who is interested in Fantasy, Action or even a good old fashioned Drama. This series has something for everyone. I promise you will get sucked into the lives of these people and you will feel everything they do. Jim Butcher did a remarkable job with this series. I was very hesitant at first because I was not very impressed with The Dresden Files. I must say he made a fan out of me in the first 25 pages.
Enjoy the book and I hope you have as much fun reading it as I did.

Search Amazon.com for codex alera series

No comments:

Post a Comment